• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 axle shaft interchangeablility...

ert01

NAXJA Forum User
I broke my drivers side U joint yoke on the axle shaft and I need to replace it... The stub is still fine but the U joint is blown to bits.

Anyways, I ran down to the local Pick N Pull and grabbed a wheel hub, stub shaft and axle shaft from a 91 XJ and put it in my 93 XJ to get me rolling again, but the dimensions looked different on the wheel hub as I was putting it together... I'll try to post some pics of the differences later but I'm curious right now what D30 shafts can I use and what ones can't I use? How about from a YJ? There's a ton of YJ D30's around here but few XJ ones. Are the parts from a YJ D30 the same as my XJ D30?

Pics of my carnage:

My 89 non disco drivers shaft fit into my brothers 93 non disco if that helps, I also used a drivers shaft out of a 88 with diconect in my 89 d30, I think all drivers shafts are interchangeable

Hmm well that's good to know. The '91 shaft I put in looked a tad different, but if fit just fine if I used the shaft, stub and hub form the 91. I don't think I could have put the 93 hub on the 91 stub... maybe I'm wrong though.

Thanks!

ert01 said:
Hmm well that's good to know. The '91 shaft I put in looked a tad different, but if fit just fine if I used the shaft, stub and hub form the 91. I don't think I could have put the 93 hub on the 91 stub... maybe I'm wrong though.

Thanks!
93 shaft will fit in the hub, hub splines never changed.

Back