• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A great big huge giant THANKS!!!

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Man, I don't even know where to start thanking people here. So many stepped up to the plate and went beyond themselves to make this event possible.

I guess I should start out with our wonderful sponsors.

Tera Mfg. How can I say thanks enough for donating such a great grand prize? When I called and asked if you had anything you would like to donate I never expected you to give us a 1300.00 dollar Tera-Low.

Tom Woods. Once again you came through like no other, the jackets, backpack, binoculars and gift certificates were great!

Rightseatsis and Boatwrench. You two are what makes NAXJA such a great club! Not only do you drive 1400+ miles to come to our event but you spend your own hard earned money to give us great stuff to give away.

Destination Hobbies and Executive boat and Yacht. The batteries were a huge hit! I'm sorry you guys could not get away to join us for a great dinner.

Rocky-Road Outfitters. Glen and Jared, you guys always come through. Every time we beg for goodies you guys go beyond what we hopped for. And thanks for Jared to take time out of his busy life to drive up there to drop them off.

Checker Auto Parts and Les Schwab. The spot lights were a huge hit, along with the other items you threw into the mix, it allowed almost everyone to get something.

Evanston Motors and Napa Auto of Evanston. Thanks for the cool jeep items and the spot light. It was nice to see some locals step up and help out also.

Dave at Cutrubus Mtrs. You sir are a great man! Thanks so much for the tail light guards. I never realized how much they were worth when I picked them up from you. Thanks also for supporting our club so much with your great discounts to our members.

I hope I didn't miss anyone there. If I did, my deep felt thanks goes out to you too. I have some others that deserve a huge amount of gratitude to.

Isreal...Holy crap dude! I can't believe you would take time BEFORE you go to work, drive 100 miles, get lost, go home ten minutes before you have to go to work and then DRIVE BACK to give us the items from Checker auto parts. I owe you huge buddy!

Don...AKA OldmanXJ. You sir are a first class human being! Not only did you tell me to keep the extra registration money when we changed things around, you then selflessly gave away a very nice prize to Tybo who really wanted it. Just as I was hearing this story you walked up to me and handed me another 200.00 bucks to go toward our cause. It's really too bad there are not more people like you in this world. Thanks so much.

Lisa at Rocket Sanitation...When I got a message on my phone saying your guy was there Saturday afternoon to pick up our toilets I panicked. I didn't have your phone number and was afraid our toilets would be gone before our big event Saturday night. Thanks for NOT picking them up and thanks also for giving us a great deal and waiving so many of the fees and such.

Clint...Thanks for the food man! You are a great dutch oven cook. I think I can speak for everyone at the dinner that it was a most wonderful cookout.

IC Den Mother. Thank you for sitting there in the confusion, freezing your legs off to count hands and figure out the order of prize give aways. I know it was a huge job.

The Meyers, (I hope I spelled that right) for giving us a wonderful camp spot on their ranch. Being right next to the Bear river and under the cottonwoods who could ask for anything better.

DaveW. Thanks for sticking with me on this crazy idea. I know it was a gamble to try a new idea like this. You and Tami came through time after time to staple cards, spend a lot on gas to hide the caches and just basically stuck around and helped where ever it was needed.

Everyone who showed up. Thanks to everyone who took time out of their busy lives to come up there. You people make NAXJA what it is...the best Jeep club on the planet. Because of you we will be able to give the Canaan Mtn Legal fund a HUGE donation. Thanks so much for your support.

I know I probably forgot someone. If I did, please don't feel bad. You should know my heart goes out to everyone who made this possible.

I agree thanks to everyone. I have grown up being in a couple of different clubs, (Basin and range Cruisers for one) and there is no comparison on how great NAXJA is compared to the rest. My brother in law always gives me crap for ditching my FJ40 and not joining thier club (Wasatch Cruisers), but when we have events like this and the people my wife and I get to be around, I think that I made a good choice. Thanks to all that helped out. I had a great time and hopefully we can camp with everyone next time when the new kid is a little older.

XJBANKER said:
I had a great time and hopefully we can camp with everyone next time when the new kid is a little older.
Dude...you have a cabin 10 miles away, why would you camp with us?

If I had a cabin that close I wouldn't be camping with us. :D

last year we camped and it was a nice change of pace. besides it is nice to hang around the fire rather than the TV.

DrMoab said:
If I had a cabin that close I wouldn't be camping with us.
Dude, if I had a cabin within a days drive, I would'nt camp with you..:D
But I would loan out some lug nuts if someone needed them..:looser:

I am glad everyone had a great time, and do wish I could have made it..

I got to give the biggest thanks to Ryan and Dave for thinking something like this up and to Brian for having us all at his place. Made for an incredible event. Big thanks again.

To everyone who didn't make it: The dutch oven dinner alone was good enough to drive up there twice for! Seriously! That was easily the best dutch oven cooking I've had. Well done, Clint!

My only regret (other than not bringing Ryan's directions with me the first time I drove up) is not being able to go out and play with everyone. Those prizes had me drooling! If the new IC presidency chooses to do this again next year, I'll be scheduling time off for it as soon as it's announced.

Israel said:
If the new IC presidency chooses to do this again next year, I'll be scheduling time off for it as soon as it's announced.
They might not have to.

I think we are going to work on it again. It was such a huge success even with 20 odd jeeps that next year I think will be huge.

We are going to do a few things different but hopefully it will all be in the same location but with new hidey holes for the caches.

I will keep everyone informed. If the new BOD doesn't want to tackle it I think we might do it on our own.

Thanks to all that put this together. It was a blast even with all the rain. I will definitely be there next time.

DrMoab said:
They might not have to.

I think we are going to work on it again. It was such a huge success even with 20 odd jeeps that next year I think will be huge.

We are going to do a few things different but hopefully it will all be in the same location but with new hidey holes for the caches.

I will keep everyone informed. If the new BOD doesn't want to tackle it I think we might do it on our own.

Everything old is NEW again. In other words Dr. Moab for president.

ROOK1 said:
Everything old is NEW again. In other words Dr. Moab for president.
I would run for Pres again if we could cut our official runs down to 4 a year and I could get someone to plan them for me.

My biggest reason for not running next year is I want to go do a few things with my family away from naxja.

Other then that...

Dr. Moab, It’s me that should be thanking you and your chapter for putting on such a great event/ adventure. My son and I had a great time and met some really great people. The location and scenery was an excellent choice. Wheeling all over the trails and taking in the views was cool, but searching for caches with the GPS and trying to locate the hidey holes added a whole new level to trail running. For those that could not make it or had doubts you missed a great time. So thanks to you that made this happen.

Oldmanxj said:
Dr. Moab, It’s me that should be thanking you and your chapter for putting on such a great event/ adventure. My son and I had a great time and met some really great people. The location and scenery was an excellent choice. Wheeling all over the trails and taking in the views was cool, but searching for caches with the GPS and trying to locate the hidey holes added a whole new level to trail running. For those that could not make it or had doubts you missed a great time. So thanks to you that made this happen.
Coming next year? It promises to be bigger and better.

I wanna say a big thanks to the wives of the BOD. They really slaved away getting those caches ready. Also thanks to all those that participated. I hope next year we can double the turn out..

I want to add my own thanks to this. I have to say that when Ryan came to me with this idea, I thought he was OUT OF HIS MIND. My first thought was, do you know how much time this is going to take. He's telling me that were going to need 20 large coffee cans and that each can is going to have 2 decks of cards in it and that we have to come up with a way that the card can't be seen, but also so people can't cheat. Again I was thinking, MAN DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE ASKING!!!! I thought he was crazy and didn't have much hope for the event, but I kept up with him. We did 40 decks of cards, then we cut 2,080 piece of paper the same size of the card and then we embossed those 2,080 cards and pieces of paper. Each were put into a plastic baggie and stappled in all 4 corners of the card and then each had it's own little number on it. Yes, it was a lot of work, but I had some GREAT HELP. Ryan kept me going. I'd do a few decks, or cut a few papers and quit, because I was sick of it, but then he'd get me working on it again. He'd call me at work and remind me that they need to be worked on and suggest that I call Tami to come and help. Thinking that I'm sick to death of looking at them, I'd call Tami and she'd come over and help out. I even got co-workers and my own family helping out. I was so glad once we had them all placed and I didn't have to look at them anymore. But after seeing those that came and how much fun they had, I'm willing to do it again. I think most of those that were there asked me if we were going to do it again, and that made all of our work well worth it.

I think that Ryan has pretty much thanked everyone else that I would have said thanks to, it was a big event and I think everyone had a great time, rain and all.

Hope to see everyone that was there again next year, I know Mary "Righsetsis" has already reserved her camping spot for next year, and I hope to see more next year.

DrMoab said:
Man, I don't even know where to start thanking people here. So many stepped up to the plate and went beyond themselves to make this event possible.

I guess I should start out with our wonderful sponsors.

Tera Mfg. How can I say thanks enough for donating such a great grand prize? When I called and asked if you had anything you would like to donate I never expected you to give us a 1300.00 dollar Tera-Low.

Tom Woods. Once again you came through like no other, the jackets, backpack, binoculars and gift certificates were great!

Rightseatsis and Boatwrench. You two are what makes NAXJA such a great club! Not only do you drive 1400+ miles to come to our event but you spend your own hard earned money to give us great stuff to give away.

Destination Hobbies and Executive boat and Yacht. The batteries were a huge hit! I'm sorry you guys could not get away to join us for a great dinner.

Rocky-Road Outfitters. Glen and Jared, you guys always come through. Every time we beg for goodies you guys go beyond what we hopped for. And thanks for Jared to take time out of his busy life to drive up there to drop them off.

Checker Auto Parts and Les Schwab. The spot lights were a huge hit, along with the other items you threw into the mix, it allowed almost everyone to get something.

Evanston Motors and Napa Auto of Evanston. Thanks for the cool jeep items and the spot light. It was nice to see some locals step up and help out also.

Dave at Cutrubus Mtrs. You sir are a great man! Thanks so much for the tail light guards. I never realized how much they were worth when I picked them up from you. Thanks also for supporting our club so much with your great discounts to our members.

I hope I didn't miss anyone there. If I did, my deep felt thanks goes out to you too. I have some others that deserve a huge amount of gratitude to.

Isreal...Holy crap dude! I can't believe you would take time BEFORE you go to work, drive 100 miles, get lost, go home ten minutes before you have to go to work and then DRIVE BACK to give us the items from Checker auto parts. I owe you huge buddy!

Don...AKA OldmanXJ. You sir are a first class human being! Not only did you tell me to keep the extra registration money when we changed things around, you then selflessly gave away a very nice prize to Tybo who really wanted it. Just as I was hearing this story you walked up to me and handed me another 200.00 bucks to go toward our cause. It's really too bad there are not more people like you in this world. Thanks so much.

Lisa at Rocket Sanitation...When I got a message on my phone saying your guy was there Saturday afternoon to pick up our toilets I panicked. I didn't have your phone number and was afraid our toilets would be gone before our big event Saturday night. Thanks for NOT picking them up and thanks also for giving us a great deal and waiving so many of the fees and such.

Clint...Thanks for the food man! You are a great dutch oven cook. I think I can speak for everyone at the dinner that it was a most wonderful cookout.

IC Den Mother. Thank you for sitting there in the confusion, freezing your legs off to count hands and figure out the order of prize give aways. I know it was a huge job.

The Meyers, (I hope I spelled that right) for giving us a wonderful camp spot on their ranch. Being right next to the Bear river and under the cottonwoods who could ask for anything better.

DaveW. Thanks for sticking with me on this crazy idea. I know it was a gamble to try a new idea like this. You and Tami came through time after time to staple cards, spend a lot on gas to hide the caches and just basically stuck around and helped where ever it was needed.

Everyone who showed up. Thanks to everyone who took time out of their busy lives to come up there. You people make NAXJA what it is...the best Jeep club on the planet. Because of you we will be able to give the Canaan Mtn Legal fund a HUGE donation. Thanks so much for your support.

I know I probably forgot someone. If I did, please don't feel bad. You should know my heart goes out to everyone who made this possible.

it was a fun day. i want to thank slider, dr.moab and davew for all the time and work they put in to this run. i also want to say again thanks to oldmanxj for what he did. he is a really nice person. :worship:

I don’t know where to begin. There are so many folks that came together to make this work.

After a very hectic and stressful month at work and with family obligations, I was able to get away and relax. A restful four days, in a beautiful location, with interesting weather, renewing friendships and establishing new ones.

The work that Ryan, Dave, Clint, and Bryan put into this event was incredible. Not just designating trails and routes, lining up sponsors, raffle prizes and the logistics of the dinner, but the development and placing of the caches. Of course, it was their support network that worked just as if not harder, the spouses, and families. Thank you.

I appreciated the guided tour to Piedmont. That was wonderful, even though this seemingly easy ride was not without carnage, Dave’s link, and Mary’s windshield.

Mary and I look forward to visiting the Unitas Mtns again.

The folks that were fence sitting about attending, nervous about geocaching and or the Poker hand format for the Raffle…well you missed out.

I guess I'll end with...Thanks.

Tom

I would like to thank Ryan for the idea. We new it would be different. We tried to reduce concerns about having a GPS. But it turned out great!!!

Ryan did a great job keeping organizing and it together and making the prerun trips.

Nanette work herself crazy in the caches.

Clint may not have been able to help much with the prerun activities having just moved to AZ but he stepped up big time with dinner (bringing food and cooking) and tables and chairs.

Tami help out where she could.

Israel now knows the road to Evanston a bit to well. Thanks a bunch!

Brian and Shorty hosted us on their families property, which is just far enough out of the high country to be missed by most of the rain:D

We had other chapter member helping out. Josh rounded up some raffle items and didn't even get to attend.

Everyone at the event lent a hand where needed to keep it rolling along.

One of the big reasons these NAXJA event work out so well is those who attend lend a hand. :cheers:

It was a great time with old and new friend. I look forward to next year.

Well I finally made it home at 1:30pm today.

Thank you IC chapter for a great time. This was a great adventure. Jeeps and geocaching are a natural pair for exploring the hidden treasures of the nation.

Tom and I are already talking about next year. Save my spot next to DaveW's trailer.

Again thank you all for the hospitality.

Mary

Back