• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got a roof tire carrier

Frankkl

NAXJA Forum User
Got the carrier on ebay for 85$ shipped. Just wanted to share:D
Picture087.jpg

where are all your authenticating trail scratches and dents?Mine looked like that for about 3 days!

Plenty of scratches, believe me... A lot of SCHRHIIIISSHHH on the trail. must be the reflexion. see some on the antenna post in the modified

I took out my rf marker,rf fender,both doorskins,quarter and tailight in one pass

Nice tire carrier. Looks good on a nice clean Jeep. Mine was washed last February if I recall correctly. But it has been rained on a few times since then.

looks great:)!i just slammed the tire up there and used a tiedown...:D!

This is the mopar rack, you got keep looking on ebay. I waited about 4 months for this one to be posted. It was craked and rusted on the ends so I removed the rust, painted, welded the center piece back and voilà.

I used a few feet of perforated (not sure if thats the right word, but its the angle with holes up & down the length already...) angle. Four 36" pieces to make the square, two 36" pieces for the center... horizontal pieces drill & bolt to factory roof rack, longitudinal pieces bolt same place. Flip two pieces so the vertical section of the angle is pointing down towards roof, bolt them in.

Tire has been sitting like that for a few thousand miles now, just used 6 ft tiedowns to secure it. Offroading, on-highway, around town... been abusing it but it works well. Fifteen bucks total at the hardware shop :)

If anyone wants pics I can email them - dunno how to post them here. Need hosting, right?

If you do a decent amount of highway driving (or extended 45 +) you will want to look into a wind deflector.
Cut's the noise and drag. Your mpg will let you know that is up there.

Back