• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interco's SSR

i dont know about putting them on a DD. A wrangler at my school has those and got them about the same time i got my BFG MT's, which was about a year ago, and they are worn to hell already.

I had 32x11.5x15 ssr's for about 10K miles about a year or so ago.. Seemed ok on the road at first but i had problems with with lumps forming in the tread/carcass. Had the first couple replaced under warranty but after the 3rd i got fedup and got rid of them.
Off road they were ok, but had a really soft side wall and i was getting small cuts & damage. They didnt seem to like rocks too much. Traction was OK but i guess not really what they were designed for? Maybe if mud is your thing they could work well.
I did drive in the snow a few times & they seemed ok.
Personally i think there are better tires out for DD & light off road use.

The day I cut two sidewalls in my BFG's, the guy with SSR's cut his on the same log. They two other guys with Bias Interco's didn't even scratch their tires. I would never buy them. And for traction in ice/snow - no way, you don't want big slabs of rubber, you want smaller tread blocks with lots of siping.

Back