• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

converting from auto to manual

well, i think my auto might be shot, so when it dies instead of rebuildiung it i was thinkin of swapping in a nv3550 or an ax-15. anyone have any expierence with this or have done it? i vagely remember timmy talkin about doin the conversion. or should i just get the aw4 rebuilt. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Just save the trouble of re-wireing, installing cluth pedal, and ect... just get a decent used aw4 from the junkyard or rebuild it

the biggest factor is gonna be whether or not you want the manual. it can be done, i've done it, but it was kind of a pain in the ass. if you don't REALLY want a manual, just replace your auto

how many miles are on the trans and what are the symptoms? it might not be mechanical, bad sensors can cause weird problems that seem like mechanical trouble

Back