• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle tube material

2000bluexj

NAXJA Forum User
i am looking to make an adapter to fitt 44 c's onto a 30 and am curious to what kinda of tubing would you use? dom machined to be a press fit opver the so and welded, and then the 44 c's pressed onto that and welded? i need tro extend the width by 1 5/8on each side to use stock shafts. any help would be great

why not just put a f-150 dana 44 in it, tard

i have no need to build one, no sense of loosing ground clearance. biggest tire i would be running is 35 and iget better brakes and lockout hubs for cheaper than a hub lockouts. plus i like the idea of building it myself. its cool to say yea, i built it. so excuse me for being unique.

yea i do. my plan is to use chevy outers for high steer and 6x 5.5 bolt pattern to match the rear toyota 8" i plan on pulling from a 4 runner in the future. i dont even know if 6x5.5 is possible with chevvy outer? but, back to my original post. to use the d30 shafts i owuld need to add 1 5/8 inches to each side of the housing as well as adapt for the larger 44 inner c. would a machined piece of tubing press onto the axle tube and welded work? just press the c onto the "spacer tube" and weld that on?

Back