• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what is the proper name for these parts?

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
I need the part of the grill that covers the headlight and the orange turn signal marker that is on the side of this trim piece. I am searching places like the for sale forums and ebay,but i need to know the proper names so i know the right parts to search for. also,what years are compatable? thanks,Ben

I believe what you are looking for is called a bezel. All older model up to 96 are compatible. 97+ Are compatible with their body style. hope that makes sense

incorrect about compatibility.

pre-1991 were a "7 piece" grille. meaning there were upper, lower, left, and right trim, PLUS your two headlight bezels (also called headlight doors), and your grille/grill.

1990-96 were a 3 piece assembly where the grille and bezels/headlight doors had the trim pieces built into them.

1997 to 2001 were also 3 piece but different contours due to the different front end.

yes, but WHAT YEAR do you have?

I have several spares laying around as i'm sure others do. and whenever I need a nice grille in black, I grab one that's not chrome (blasphomy to wreck a nice chrome one...) but is nice and not cracked and spray it with a bumper black (that's a plastic paint) and it looks brand new that way...

jeepcomj said:
yes, but WHAT YEAR do you have?

I have several spares laying around as i'm sure others do. and whenever I need a nice grille in black, I grab one that's not chrome (blasphomy to wreck a nice chrome one...) but is nice and not cracked and spray it with a bumper black (that's a plastic paint) and it looks brand new that way...

sorry I realized I left the year of my jeep out of the post when i stepped out for a few hours,i just got back home. it is a 92

I think Jeep calls the part you are looking for a headlight door. Don't know why because it does not open or close but "door" it is called, as Yoda would say.

you have a 3 piece grille cjben.

here's a pic of "said 7 piece grille"

271698415.jpg

note the headlight doors, the lower trim piece, upper trim piece, grille, and behind-headlight door-trim piece.

here's one of mine that shows more definition betwen it...grille plus chrome trim around it...
this is while putting the camaro engine in it...
n69205416_31215648_8299.jpg

n69205416_31369844_6344.jpg

n69205416_31425367_2754.jpg

Back