• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just a question on feasability....

radardog

NAXJA Forum User
so i was looking at my 87 wagoneer that i bought for 350 bones, and it appears to have been jumped... really hard actually... any way, it looks as though the body is seperating from the uni-rails... this let me to wonder if the body, seeing how as it appears to simply be bolted/glued to the rails, can be removed... not that i want to, but i am curious purely for the benefit of gleeming knowledge.

thanks

Try spot welded to the rails. I have junked several for rust-out and I noticed a tendency of the floor pan rusting out on both sides of the rails while leaving the tranny/center areas intact. I have broken the steering box off my MJ again, and if the welder says that it is done this time, then I am going to be pulling the cab and other pieces off, and do some MAJOR tinkering with the pieces, since I have the complete frame/ rolling chassis from a Scout II parked out behind my shop.

Back