• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone running a RE 3.5" kit with 32s?

FoMoCo

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys its been about 10 yrs since I was last in the off road scene (had a CJ7 back then) and I've been itchin to get back into it ever since. a couple years ago I got a 97 XJ for a daily driver and I think its time to introduce her the rocks. I'm trying to build it cheap but with good components and the RE 3.5" kit is looking real good to me and although they recommend 31s I figure 32s should be no prob with a little trimming etc. so basically I was wondering how many of you guys have run 32s with this kit and how much trimming is requred and how smooth it went for you.

TIA :)

There is alot of info on this. I run the RE 3.5" on 32's with trimmed fenders and a little bumpstopping. You can run 33's on this set-up with proper bump stops and hacked fenders. Use the search button and you will find endless information about what is needed for 3.5" of lift on a newer XJ.

Install lift and tires
apply if it rubs too much :D

images

lol i had 3 with 31's and didnt have to trim at all, i wud think that .5 would be plenty if u did a little bit of trimming

90XJay said:
Install lift and tires
apply if it rubs too much :D

images

lol i had 3 with 31's and didnt have to trim at all, i wud think that .5 would be plenty if u did a little bit of trimming
sounds like the perfect Rx to me :D

sorry, I did try searching but couldnt find anything about 32s on a 3.5" :eek:

ohh, as an add on bonus question, whats the best way to figgure out what offset I need, I've been looking at the 15x8 cragar soft-8s, gotta love that $38.95 price tag:rof:

Back