• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tom Woods Driveshaft - Worth the $?

RacecaR

NAXJA Forum User
Currently I have a SYE and I'm running a front shaft out of a Grand Cherokee with no vibs. I bought the SYE as a SYE/TW combo and it's all paid for - all I need to do is call in my measurement. So my question is, has anyone noticed an upgrade by getting a TW shaft? Or am I better off getting a refund and investing that money somewhere else. This is my first post here, but I read the forum almost everyday and theres lots of great info here. And heres a couple pics.
DSC03228.jpg

Chistmas2005204.jpg

I have run Woods stuff for many years. It's nice stuff. But it's also stuff that your local shop can build for you. It really isn't anything too awful special (unless you are getting his high end stuff) I find his prices fair and his service excellent.

If i were in your shoes, I'd get the TW shaft. It's already paid for. Install it and keep the GC shaft as a spare.

Yes it is, better joints & just the tube diamater, put them next to eachother & gc shaft will look like a toothpick. I use my old front shaft as a spare now

nofender said:
I find his prices fair and his service excellent.

I will vouch for Tom Woods Service...It is top notch.

I ordered an SYE from him... About 2 weeks after the install I noticed lots of oil dripping from the tail cone seal... I crawled down there and the tail shaft seal would spin in the tail cone.

I called him up and he shipped 2 new seals on his dime. No questions asked.

Jeff

I have had mine for about 6 months. No vibes and great customer service.

I had a Tom Woods DS on my last XJ and had no problems with it at all. I have a DPG Offroad DS in my current XJ and cannot tell a difference.

Tom builds a quality product and stands behind what he builds. Been running his shafts for years.....come to think of it, Tom was building shafts for me back in the mid-80's.........

Back