• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's yer favorite extraneous mod?

rocknxj

NAXJA Forum User
OK, Jeeple, I have another question for you from the world of Old Blue.

Considering all of your extraneous mods that you have done to your XJ, what is your absolute favorite thing you have done to your Cherokee?

I am not talking lifts, external body protection, or performance modifications, but those silly nonsensical mods that personalize your XJ and make it your very own.

Aside from my new custom pin stripes I received last weekend on Signal Peak, I personally like my classic bottle opener that I mounted to my rear bumper. Comes in handy during those sweet breaks you take on the trail. Pfffsssst! Have another cold one, courtesy of Old Blue.

Pics are worth extra points!

---
Project Old Blue
'99 Cherokee Sport
3.5" RE Lift on 31" BFGs
Hitches front and rear
Skids all around
Conn Ferr rack on top
Dirt and rocks on the bottom

I wouldn't mind pinstriping and I'm probably going to mount a bottle opener on my Heep now, but before I read your post, I would say my lights. They aren't much, but they're always fun to play around with. I have four Hella lights with Xenon 5000K 55 watt bulbs, and two IPFs with 135 watt bulbs. Other than that, probably the custom toolbox my brother made for it.

I like the decal on my rear window. gets alot of looks.

2715817_14_full.jpg

had to take out the "F***ing" part. it was a little too rude

I put green daytime lights in my projector hadlights to match the green led on top of my radio antenna. The next step is to put green lighting in my reverse lens area of the tail lights. all of these are/will be hooked up to a seperate toggle with a dimmer. It's not much, but it set's my XJ off from the crowd a little bit and it's great for when you park on the trail at night.

the big huge dent i put in my rear bumper last weekend (lost traction going up a 50* slope, made it second time) and all the pin striping and body damage. as far as mods go, it would have to be the laptop mount (all i have is the lift on it so far, but not for long!)

My bling'd out dash. Can't take credit for the stainless gauge panel, e-Bay, or the white face gauges, go-jeep. I did do the ARB switch panel though :D

dash.jpg

have to say my favorite "silly" mod is my 8 off road lights at the front of the truck. The wife thinks theyre a little overkill, I told her its a jeep thing you wouldn't understand:firedevil

all my bulbs except headlights (yellow bulbs in hella e codes with internal city lights) are led with altezza taillights (not crappy ones) including dome. other add on lights are apc yellow fogs mounted down where original are supposed to be and hella aux lights with 2 -55w bulbs per fixture above the bumper also bought crome grill and headlight bezels i originally had blue leds in my clear park and corner lights but after getting pulled over 3 times for them went to amber park/turn and white corner lights and will probably make the park/turn white in the near future as they kinda have a hint of blue what can i say im into lights and leds are very destinctive

Pigpen said:
'97+ side rear view mirrors on my '88. Now if I could just get rid of that stupid bar on the vent window I could see.

I have a 90 with the stupid bars and little mirrors. What the hell were they thinking.

Loving my B&M Tranny Temp Gauge and my OBA. But for silly upgrades I like my digital clinometer. It's kinda fun seeing exactly what angle the Jeep is sitting at.

I would have to say my Extra set of cup holders that I put on bot sides of the console. So now I have a total of six. 2 for drinks and the rest for junk.

I like my 8-ball shift knob, and whip antenna mount/beer opener on my stock rear bumper.

ColoradoJeepXJ said:
I have a 90 with the stupid bars and little mirrors. What the hell were they thinking.

The thing is on the late model XJs they removed the little wing window and have a full glass. I think I'll go with the MJ truck style mirrors if I can find a good set.

Back