• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Rear Bumper recommendation

bhb2048

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

My first post. I think I've done the requisite searching but haven't found the info I need.
I have a 2001 XJ and want a rear bumper with tire carrier. Options to include a Hi-Lift jack mount , rear quarter guards and license relocation are also desired. I already have a trailer hitch (putnam) so a receiver is not needed, but the bumper needs to be compatible with the hitch. My main criteria are strength and quality.

So far the best options I've found are from custom 4x4 and Warn. Which of those would you recommend or is there something better I should consider?

Thanks,
Barry Branham

bhb2048 said:
Hi all,

My first post. I think I've done the requisite searching but haven't found the info I need.
I have a 2001 XJ and want a rear bumper with tire carrier. Options to include a Hi-Lift jack mount , rear quarter guards and license relocation are also desired. I already have a trailer hitch (putnam) so a receiver is not needed, but the bumper needs to be compatible with the hitch. My main criteria are strength and quality.

So far the best options I've found are from custom 4x4 and Warn. Which of those would you recommend or is there something better I should consider?

Thanks,
Barry Branham

Most are not going to be compatable w/ your hitch/receiver...

I mean the point of a rear bumper is stength and increased clearances.. most have built in receivers.

Rigid Co. Is by far the best looking rear bumper out there (IMO).... But be prepared to wait 4 months or so.

uncc civilengineer said:
Most are not going to be compatable w/ your hitch/receiver...

I mean the point of a rear bumper is stength and increased clearances.. most have built in receivers.

Rigid Co. Is by far the best looking rear bumper out there (IMO).... But be prepared to wait 4 months or so.

Our bumpers (and tie-in brackets) are compatible with most receivers. If you do a lot of towing I would actually recommend leaving your factory receiver in place. They don't loose THAT much clearance and having the receiver 6" or so lower saves you from using a huge drop receiver on even a mild lift. IMHO it makes towing a more pleasurable experience.

Back