• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New coils, Jeep still leans in the front?

IllianaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Swapped in a new pair of RE coils this afternoon to fix a lean to the pass. side. After finishing up, it is still leaning, just not as much as before.

What else would cause a lean? Coils are sitting in their buckets like they should, everything else lines up so far as I can tell.

Can't say for sure what the problem is, but I'd try switching the springs from right to left. If you still have the sag on the same side then you know it's not the springs.

the weight is about evenly distributed right, u could also try new leaf packs

Its not uncommon for XJ's to have a permanent lean to one side, and its almost always the front right with a touch of lean towards the right rear. Normally your have to shim them to get it level. A small block in the rear and ACOS or extra isolator pads up front.

John

Yeah, new leaf packs are coming in tomorrow, will be installed Friday after work. I didn't think that would cause the front to lean that bad, but we'll see what happens.

I'll try to scrape up a couple stock isolators to throw in to shim it if the leaves don't fix it 100%.

Would an improperly adjusted trac bar cause this? It seems that after I put an adjustable trac bar on mine that it caused my lean to go away

Back