• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

firewall holes

gijosiahh

NAXJA Forum User
i'm wiring my cb directly to the battery and before i go pullin up the carpet and messin with the glove box i figured id ask here...so does anyone know exactly where there are some holes in the firewall to run the wires through?? thanks.

look at the firewall itself from the engine side and see where any wires go through. and then take a look at if you can get your single wire through that same hole. i'm sure there is some hole through the firewall. there always is. they gotta get stuff through ther somehow.

I think you're going to need to drill a hole - I had too. Unless you cut the end of the coax off, run the wire through, and re-wire it.

theres a hole with a large gromet that has wiring running through it near the master cyl. comes out inside the cab under the carpet near the pedals. thats where I have all my wiring running. just a little fyi.

jeepfreak84 said:
theres a hole with a large gromet that has wiring running through it near the master cyl. comes out inside the cab under the carpet near the pedals. thats where I have all my wiring running. just a little fyi.

Yep. That's where I run my wires for my cb antenna, Subwoofer battery cable, and my PA wire. Works great and comes in above the brake pedal. That's definitely the best place in my 99 XJ.

and its actualy the easiest place to get to without having to be a contorsionist, I tried a few others first but ended up pulling every muscle in my back trying to get at them:twak:

Back