• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop brackets

I dont see why not... Not sure why you would but I don't see why not. Don't hit em on a stump or rock or anything or they'll fold up on ya. But yes they would fit. You may not have enough caster adjustment.

i have seen it done on a buddys jeep. he was at about 5.5 inches and it worked okay, he bend one of those arms in half on a stump. i have teraflex uppers and some custom made lowers but they are pretty long and will push my axle forward. debating if i want to run those when i install my db's or spend even more money on adjustable lowers.

Pushing the axle forward was a def plus for me. Since It moved forward my sway bar rubs my coil but All it need is to be moved forward about 2 inchs. Other than that I gained tons of clearance... You can only cut so much off the back end of the fender but can make all the room in the world up front.

The reason I ask was I'm just installed new uppers and lowers and want to install the DBs and use the stock arms bolted in place to measure for a set of arms my buddy is going to make for me. Judging from what you all say, I'll make the new arms both adjustable . Thanks

Good idea... there is a chart somewhere that has EXACTLY what you are looking for. it has different control arm lengths for different amounts of lift with and without DBs. Ask around for it. Ill try to find it for ya.

I am having some serious steering problems after putting the DB's on my XJ. Anyone else having serious isues as well? Not Bump steer but that is bad as well. It just wants to go. Drop Pittman arm on it already. It is around 8". I have the tire rod flip kit and just got the RH drive draglink so that is going on next week. Any other ideas?

P.SUTER said:
I am having some serious steering problems after putting the DB's on my XJ. Anyone else having serious isues as well? Not Bump steer but that is bad as well. It just wants to go. Drop Pittman arm on it already. It is around 8". I have the tire rod flip kit and just got the RH drive draglink so that is going on next week. Any other ideas?

Whats it doin? Traveling left and right while goin straight down the road?

Back