• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electrical short

deesiexj

NAXJA Forum User
i have just developed in the past 2 days a very annoying, but not yet dangerous short. everytime i try to use my turn signals, both the turn signals and the radio cut out. it doesnt last long, the radio comes back within a few minutes, but goes out again if i hit the turn signals. the only thing i have done is install an aftermarket headunit, but that was weeks ago and it hasnt acted up at all untill now. its a 94 SE 4.0 aw4 np231 if that has any bearing on the problem. any help or starting points of where to look would be great. thanks guys!

From a common sense point of view, if the radio goes out when you hit the turn signal and you installed a new head unit, that would be the first place I looked. Regardless of when you installed it.

Vibrations can work wires or connectors loose. Remove the head unit and see what happens.

Back