• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ACOS durability

crusTodd

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Jeepers,

I'm considering the JKS ACOS and a set of extension shackles to gain about another 1-2" of lift. I am curious about the durability of the ACOS with regard to the threads? How to these hold up with the effect of the springs changing pressure as they load and unload, so to speak, under off road use.

Thanks for the info all,
crusT~

they're the most rugged ones out there. they'll take a beatin'.

The adjuster ring is secured by a pinch bolt. There is no movement between the ring and the threaded body..... therefor no wear.

I had em for two hard years and no probs or regrets except my bro-in-law keeps wanting to write in a "T" on the "ACOS" top ring! :wstupid: Very durable adjustable spacer, but you will want stiffer springs if you stay with your stocks like I did, but it works great to increase ride hight and room for my 31" x 10.5 tires on stock wrangler rims. Get longer shocks but make sure you get the bump stop platform extentions. My cheap and so far lasting trick on this was I used those big 3" rubber spring spacers you find at autozone in a four pack that look like an "H" and is 1" thick, and drilled two 1/8" holes through from side to side near the notches to allow use of wire to hold it down to bump stop plate. I used some kind of spring wire I had in the garage so the wire should last better against flexing under loads and impacts. So far so good, and I never thought it would last the rest of that weekend outing, let alone two years. Another benifit of using the rubber is a softer "bottom out" hit verses the harsh impact I had before installing longer shocks, which was bottoming out a 1/4" before bump stop contact and sure to cause bad damage. I have since gathered the things to do a more durable setup but just keep it on hold to see how long these will last. The spacers came as a four pack and I only use two so I drilled the other two the same and now keep them in the jeep along with extra wire incase of a needed easy replacement.

This may not be for some people, but it sure worked out damn good for me!!

Last edited:
Back