• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Springs?

Jeepm@n

NAXJA Forum User
Ok heres what I have and would like to do. I have a 96 XJ that has a partially installed rough country 4.5 inch lift. I plan on removing the lift and putting it on my 94 XJ. The problem is the 96 is going to be my DD and for pulling my 18ft pop up camper. What springs do I put under it, and whats going to give me the best ride and safety? Shocks also. PS the leafs and coils are shot on my 94.

Re: SPRINGS??????????????????????

Old Man Emu HD rear springs but note they will give you about 2.5" of lift in the rear, put 2" spacers in the front and call it done. They are excellent springs for towing and ride great loaded/unloaded.

I would go with Bilstiens or OME Nitrochargers

Another option that I am looking into on one of my other XJ's is to use the Quadratec HD springs under the the stock main spring. I plan on cutting off the eyes of the HD main spring and rebuild the pack with the new springs from there.

I'd like to keep the 96 at or near stock height as my girlfriend would be using this one. I want to go no larger then a 235/75R15 tire on it.

Back