• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cone Filter Conversion ???'s

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Ok...Bare with me people :)
Here is my stock air box.
airbox2.jpg

Now im going to make my own. Now ive got the basics. cone filter,3" exhaust pipe, vaccum nipples 1/2" and clamps. Now my question is if you look i have 4 lines. now im kinda questioning myself how i am going to be able to hook up the 2 main lines as the grommet has hard lines. Also what about the 2 little lines on the back of the air box? what to do with those??

And of coarse...heres what im trying to achieve
111airintake.jpg

I am looking to replace my K&N FIPK deal with something homemade, but relocating over to the pass side of the engine bay, to suck colder air from that side.

if I were you, I'd look into maybe adding a T fitting or Y fitting so each big line lets one smaller line feed from the same nipple. or fab up more nipples into the pipe you have maybe.

You have a Renix system. One large line is the air feed for crankcase ventilation. This the line that feeds all the blowby into the filter. The other large line is for the carbon canister to pull fumes from the gas tank. One small line is for the hot air valve that feeds hot air into the intake when it is cold out. You can ditch all the crap for the hot air intake. I've run without it for 10 years in a cold, emissions controlled climate. The other small line is for the EGR vacuum. You need to keep this one.

Just pull out the air box, and see where the lines are in relation to the intake, and mount the nipples accordingly.

Fred

ok so which of these lines can i loose? im guessing its this one......
RED= Lose?
Green= Keep?
airbox2-1.jpg

And also...where can i find those vent nipples i need in .5" size the easiest???

I used a cold air intake tube that I bought a autozone and is for a Honda civic. I cut off about 8" so it would fit in the area I had to work with, best part is, it already has all the ports welded to the tube for all the breathers. It fits into the factory air tube, but I had to make a simple bracket to hold it up off the fender well.

Back