• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chrysl 8.25 tire size????

Justpunchit

NAXJA Member #1291
as of now i have a 8.25 with disc's, alloy shafts, and a detriot fitted with 4.56's. i run 35's right now but i would like to run a 37 inch krawler is this too much for this axle??

icon_rave.gif

If your light on the gas stay with your current setup. If you tend to like the gas pedal to much I am suprized you haven't broke something yet.

Kim.

Justpunchit said:
as of now i have a 8.25 with disc's, alloy shafts, and a detriot fitted with 4.56's. i run 35's right now but i would like to run a 37 inch krawler is this too much for this axle??
with your driving style stick with 35's

If you got that axle from mack, it use to be mine. It held up really well with
35's. I was never afraid to use the throttle. I only had it for a short time though.

i just copied mack's axle i love it with 35's buttt i have the room for 37's and yeah i LOVE that little pedal on the right. haha

i think you already know the answer to your question Eric. will it live between 37s? yeah.. but you are maxxing out any reasonable expectaion of longevity. you know how much of a pain in the a$$ it is to deal with the C-clip inside that Detroit right? get good at trail fixes.
Ipkyss really impresed me with the strength of the axle i sold him but you know it's time to upgrade.

stay with 35's, it's more fun to wheel with less worries.

Back