• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

External mounted "Pusher" fan? What to use?

barillms

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 18" Taurus fan, and it is mounted on the passenger side of my radiator on the inside. It pulls lots of air, but it doesn't cover enough of the radiator.... there is still 15" of radiator on the drivers side thats not getting air pulled through it. I'm overheating because of this (plus it's 95 degrees out).

I want to add another electric fan on the OUTSIDE of my grille, as a PUSHER to push air through through the drivers side.

Anybody have any suggestions? I'm NOT SPENDING $200 on a new plastic fan, sorry. I can get a junk yard fan for $30 and it will be fine.

Anybody running an exterior PUSHER FAN??
WHAT TYPE OF FAN ARE YOU RUNNING? DONOR VEHICLE?

I ran a pusher fan on my YJ many years ago with the clutch fan on the other side. For me this was a very bad idea and actually cause my temps to jump up even higher and faster. Must have created some kind of vacuum or something running it this way and no air flow was getting through. Just a bad experience on my part.. You might have better luck

If you play in anywhere near the mud I do your external pusher fans life will be very short

pusher fans block airflow at higher speeds.

check out go jeep's site, flip your taurus fan sideways, and run your stock aux fan.

Back