• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swaybar help...

btfury

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I was trying to disco my front sway bar today (suspension is completely stock, and i was taking them off for the first time). I'd been PB blastering them for about a week, and the bottom nut on each swaybar link came off no problem. however, i broke the top bolt trying to get it out and then decided to not try the other side... what should i do about the broken bolt?

Im getting a lift in about 6 months, and i dont think they make any quick discos that adj from stock to 4.5in of lift, do they?

That's a pretty common part to break. Even though it may not recommend using a disco at stock height, it can be done. The swaybar just won't be at the optimum angle to reduce the sway. Or you could just deal with driving it disconnected for a while....neither of my jeeps have swaybars and they're both fine on the road. 32s and 3" of lift and Q78s and 6.25" of lift, no issues.

well i was going to make some homebrew quick discos, and i thought people did this by putting a wing nut on the top bolt.. but i just broke that.. so what should i do

btfury said:
Ok so I was trying to disco my front sway bar today (suspension is completely stock, and i was taking them off for the first time). I'd been PB blastering them for about a week, and the bottom nut on each swaybar link came off no problem. however, i broke the top bolt trying to get it out and then decided to not try the other side... what should i do about the broken bolt?

Im getting a lift in about 6 months, and i dont think they make any quick discos that adj from stock to 4.5in of lift, do they?

I've run without one on several cherokees and it is a little tippy but not bad at all. Junk yards to get another one if you can get one off w/out snapping!
It sounded like you were talking about the bolts on the body at first but I think you mean the nut on the top of the link itself?

yeah, the nut on top of the actual link. its my dd and i do a lot of highway driving, so i want to keep it safe...

btfury said:
well i was going to make some homebrew quick discos, and i thought people did this by putting a wing nut on the top bolt.. but i just broke that.. so what should i do
I have a stock swaybar link that is already drilled for a cotter pin and wing nut. I don't need it any more. If you pay for the shipping I can send it to ya. I'm in Colorado where r u?

Back