• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear waggy 44 shafts and Xj 44 shafts??

choppedzj

NAXJA Forum User
Are the waggy 44 shafts the same length as the XJ 44's? I need to switch my rear to match the front waggy 44 bolt pattern.

Nope. waggy is wider hence shafts are longer. 63 or 65 WMS I can't recall which. XJ 44 is 60 WMS. Shaft lengths are 29 1/4 and 29 3/4.
Go with superior shafts for the TJ/XJ Rear end. THey are drilled for both 5x4.5 and 5x5.5 Bolt Circle. 4340 chromoly shafts are approx 150 each, less studs and bearings depending on where you get them. You can re-use your studs, but should spring for new bearings and retainers, Timkin partnumber SET-10. Don't get a BR-10 Partnumber, make sure it's a true timkin part, they are tapered roller bearings and the race will not be integral.
Source for shafts, just about anywhere, rusty's, sams off road, quadratec, summit etc etc. Bearings: your local autozone. NAPA does not carry timkin anymore.

edit 1:eek:ops missed the 6 lug issue, thought you might have ford hubs installed.

The dutchman makes custom length 6 lugs, moser might also.

Last edited:
Alloy USA makes a good alloy axle for the TJ that fits fine in an XJ D44. That's what I installed to convert to 5 on 5.5. They came with bearings and seals, and are dual pattern. The lugs bolts screw into the axle. Recently saw that Summit Racing caries them at a good price. They come in either 30 or 33 spline.

xjbubba said:
Alloy USA makes a good alloy axle for the TJ that fits fine in an XJ D44. That's what I installed to convert to 5 on 5.5. They came with bearings and seals, and are dual pattern. The lugs bolts screw into the axle. Recently saw that Summit Racing caries them at a good price. They come in either 30 or 33 spline.

91 Jeep Project said:
Custom rear shafts, or a 5 on 5.5 hub and rotor on the waggy 44 with Superior or Alloy USA dual pattern shafts on the XJ 44.

Thanks for the echo..................;)

Back