• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fitment Q?

BLACK99XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ needs some new shoes, and its getting inspected this week so i figured it was a good time. I was thinking of the Firestone Destination MT in the size 235/75/R15. Will this tire fit on a 99 classic, possibly with a little sag (not much if any)?

It'll fit great. I was running 31s on stock wheels with only 2 inches of lift(less when she was loaded down, which was frequent)

There was no rub, unless I was offroad playing rough.

That should be a perfect fit. However, I wouldnt reccomend the Firestones, I had a set and they were awesome in the mud but the sidewalls were very weak. I cut 2 sidewalls on rocks my first trip out. Less than 500 miles on the set and 2 tires were ruined. I switched over to the MTR's and couldnt be more satisified. They are not as good in the mud as the Firestones but they are much better in the rocks

I had a set, (actually still in the basement) In 235s and loved em. Make sure you rotate them to keep them wearing evenly, i didnt have any sidewall problems, just wore a bit uneven in the front. Awesome in the mud and dirt for a small tire.

Back