• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1 spring is longer than the other!!

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 4.5" RK longarm lift, that has been on two jeeps for about 3 years. My passenger side front coil spring has sagged about an 1 1/2" lower than my driver side coil making the Jeep sit unlevel. How can I even these springs out without putting a spacer or something of that sort on the passengers side?:dunno:
Thanx Digger

Then he'd have to lift the rear as well to even it out..., means all sort of new problems and issues seeing as the acos's lowest points is 1.25-2 inches depending on brand

You can get spacers from 5/8's and up, a good idea for you might be to go to a junkyard, get another coil spring isolator (stock rubber peice that keeps coil off bare metal on the bucket)
That would probably do the trick, quadratec has them, or you can try your local you-pull-it

Sounds like it's time for new springs.... I have had the same lift springs in both of my XJ's for over 5 years and they sit even.

A good quality set of springs shouldn't have this problem.

Don't use a bandaid to cover it up, fix it....

I thought Rock Krawler was a good quality spring. One of my hotrod buddys says I should heat the shorter spring while the axle is at full droop and it will stretch the shorter spring back out. Any comments on that idea. My dad (in his mid 60's) says that was done when he was a kid.

digger4u said:
I thought Rock Krawler was a good quality spring. One of my hotrod buddys says I should heat the shorter spring while the axle is at full droop and it will stretch the shorter spring back out. Any comments on that idea. My dad (in his mid 60's) says that was done when he was a kid.

Bad idea it will sag even more afterwards and will also change the springs temper.

Even good spring makers have problems from time to time. Contact them and see what they have to say about your springs.

Cheap fix is to buy rusty's coils they're nicely priced and IMO work great. i think the 4.5s are running like 130 a pair which isn't bad at all.

lancey3 said:
Cheap fix is to buy rusty's coils they're nicely priced and IMO work great. i think the 4.5s are running like 130 a pair which isn't bad at all.
for that price he can get brand new 6.5" springs from rock krawler, probly for even cheaper if he goes through a rk vendor

You might want to buy BDS springs, they have a no questions asked lifetime warranty. :)

Back