• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best way to get 10 inches out of the rear

Stoney

NAXJA Forum User
ok here is my delima i just bought some 8 inch RR coils and i already have the rubicon x spacers so fine front end DONE! but in the rear i have the RE 4.5 leaf pack and there drop shackle with an 8.8! so how do i get 4 more inches back there with out 4 inch blocks and spening a whole bunch of money!!

thanx
stoney

Spend $$$ re-arching the packs you have...

...Spend $$$ on BOR 8" springs (probably the smartest choice over-all, but requires committment to spending the dough)...

...Spend time/effort/materials dropping the front spring mount like Billavista did, and add a leaf from an MJ pack to make up the difference by stiffening the spring rate...which is welcome due to the ride height increase (this is what I would probably have to do, based upon lack of $$$, offset by fab skills, and a shop to fab in)

Best,
Bob

Why so big? I am running 38s with 7-8" of lift and everything seems to fit fine. Without running swaybars, you'd be better served giving me those front spacers and keeping it at 8" (my front is about 1" lower than my rear)

SeanP

"best way to get 10 inches out of the rear "

Oh man, did you really just ask that?

Yeah, I sooooo wanted to post some sleazy comment but I will refrain, lest we turn into another JU.

first of all they are going in even with out the rear lifted!!!! (the opsite of a dragster look!!!:D ) HARDCORE

XJchuck that was nocalxj!

Plus u get chicks with 10inches!!;) belive me i know!!!!!!

karlem u can say anything u want u won't hurt my feelings REALLY!!!

also say i just use the 8 inch with no spacer how do i get 2 more inches of lift?? BLOCKS? i have them 2 inch and 2.5 inch!! kinda scary!! but maybe it will work!!

thanx for all the replys i feel so speacial!!

stoney

The worst thing I ever did to my Cherokee was to go from 6" to 9" of lift. Yeah, it looks "real" cool now, but doesn't wheel like it used to by a long shot! Your best bet is to find a way to fit 35" tires on about 6 or 7 inches of lift. I used to "walk" right up bump dump in Moab with open diffs and 6" lift, now I don't even come close with my 9" lift and locked f+r. But, I look DAMN good trying!!!

David B said:
The worst thing I ever did to my Cherokee was to go from 6" to 9" of lift. Yeah, it looks "real" cool now, but doesn't wheel like it used to by a long shot! Your best bet is to find a way to fit 35" tires on about 6 or 7 inches of lift. I used to "walk" right up bump dump in Moab with open diffs and 6" lift, now I don't even come close with my 9" lift and locked f+r. But, I look DAMN good trying!!!

i think that is just driver error.

and he is not trying to fit 35's hes going to fit 37's

Jes please do not say that! u know perfectly well it is almost ALL about the driver weather it is 3inches are 14inches! there are advantages and disadavantages to everything! so don't give me this u have been there so u don't know crap!!

stoney

Stoney said:
Jes please do not say that! u know perfectly well it is almost ALL about the driver weather it is 3inches are 14inches! there are advantages and disadavantages to everything! so don't give me this u have been there so u don't know crap!!

stoney

I'll second that. And for proof, pull out your Petersen's with the BOW2 in it. Check out the smooth stylings of Andy Couch & his 33" tires wheeling with the big boys on all the hardcore stuff. Size doesn't matter boys, sorry to say it but it's all about how you use what you got. :D

Stoney said:

stoney

Gee, was I even talking to you little boy?
I was merely pointing out the fact that on dump bump(and Mikeys Hot Tub for that matter) less lift will always work better than more lift, that is all.
But seeing that you havn't been to Moab either you wouldn't know that. ;)

Jes

Back