• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Torn LCA mount and more carnage...

flyingphil

NAXJA Forum User
Oh yeah, today I decided to hit the trail before coming home to screaming kids and the wife. All was well until I came across a little muddy creak with deep deep ruts. I proceeded slowly and almost made it across but the front slipped and instead of backing up and winching myself out, I goosed it and hit something under the mud. Jeez, if the passenger window hadden't been closed, I'd probably still sucking mud... So here's the damage. One bent shock, one torn (just ripped to crap) LCA mount, not sure if my RE adjustable track bar is still intact and the steering linkage is just a work of abstract art on my garage floor as I'm typing this. Here's the question, where the hell can I find a set of replacement LCA's, I searched and the only thing I found out there were Rusty's, the slotted ones and the Jeepspeed units. Any more? I'm from Canada and ordering from Rusty's is a little more complicated.

Thanks,

Bleeding knuckle Phil...:anon:

Search the rubicon express site, there's a link to a red deer outlet, or try jeepthrills in maple ridge,b.c.,2-3 working days to your door (or greyhound)

TnT has really nice ones that raise the mount a little. Not on the website but if you call you will get nice ones.

x2, i just ordered a set of TnT Customs Control arm mounts and they are really beefy. i'd get them again in a heartbeat. plus the TnT mounts were cheaper for the pair than rubicon express wants for 1.

Ballistic fab.

flyingphil said:
I searched and the only thing I found out there were Rusty's, the slotted ones and the Jeepspeed units. Any more? I'm from Canada and ordering from Rusty's is a little more complicated.

What happened to your original theory?:scared: Rusty's will take forever to ship. I've heard 2 stories about border missing packages from him. Hell, I'm 2 states away from him and it takes 2 and a half weeks to get something.+shipping is dumb high.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=912499&highlight=rusty+canada

I got the guy to send them via UPS, so border issues are as per SOP, weither it be OFF ROAD TOY STORE or RUSTY'S, or QUADRATECH, it's all the same to us Canuks. The border is an evil barrier that gobbles up our cash and delays the shipping of stuff. Period. I guess I'll just have to live with that. I've had to wait for stuff a whole lot longer man, when I was in Afghanistan, my mail took 6 to 8 weeks to get to me... No worries. I'll just take my sweet time to prep and ready the axle for the mounts.

Phil:canada:

here's a couple of pics of the carnage, again, thanks for the advice guys, always helps to have some advice!

Cheers,

Phil:canada:

dadsjeep001.jpg

dadsjeep005.jpg

and the little guy who's gonna help me fix the jeep...
dadsjeep009.jpg

Back