• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clunk when I stop in reverse

imfrankyj

NAXJA Forum User
When I reverse and stop there is a clunk that sounds like it is coming from the right from suspension. I cant find anything loose but I was just wandering if any one else had this problem. It also makes some clunks when offroading on rocky trails.

ahhh the mystery clunk. seems like cherokee's have a lot of them. mine does that as well. i replaced pretty much everything but the upper control arm bushings and it's still there. i guess it could be my superflex joints too as they are pretty old. i'm still lookin though. good luck

That would be my first guess, is control arm bushings. Might also want to check the upper front shock upper mount to make sure it hasn't pulled through the inner fender.

I have that clunk. ;) My lower control arm bushings at the frame end are shot. I've had the new ones sitting in my living room for about a year, but havent had the LCA's off to swap them out. .. Someday.

Back