• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar Binding & Tie Rod ?'s

MIXEDBREED

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys...and Gals,

I just got done installing a RC 3" and 32" Pro Comps. I tested it out on a smalll ramp and the trac bar seems to bind up on the LCA bracket, and I didn't even have the quick discs disconnected. My question is, can I grind that bracket back so I can get a bit more travel??? I thought I read it somewhere but I'm not sure...One other thing...I've heard that a Grand Cherokee tie rod is a good replacement for an XJ tie rod because it's a bit thicker. Is this true??? My tie rod is bent and I'd like to get a new heavy duty one but the funds are low right now bevause of the lift and tires.

Do you have pictures of this? I'm trying to figure out how your TB is hitting your LCA backet?

The GC tie rod is stronger, its solid cast I believe....

Its not,its hitting the axle side trackbar mount!Grind away!Its a must for all lifted rigs!

RCP Phx said:
Its not,its hitting the axle side trackbar mount!Grind away!Its a must for all lifted rigs!

I have a lifted rig, and I didn't grind mine..

Back