• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So im curious to know.....

88manche

NAXJA Forum User
...am I the only one in the NWC running the 2.5 liter inline 4?

also, what tire size are you running, if you have a 2.5.

I'd like to have some larger tires (currently running 28's), but I'm not sure how much bigger I can go with my Blazing 105 horses and 132 ft/lbs.

you may actually be the only one in the world running the 2.5L :helpme:

icon10.gif

lol well thats pretty funny cause I have the exact same year, style and model as yours but I am running on a 4.0 liter... yea i agree with the guy I above i dont know of/or seen anyone running a 2.5 liter.... but yea a regear otta do you good, but i would say 30's instead of 31's

But yea you should try to swap out that 2.5 for a 4.0... look on ebay :D

i know, its sad. i wouldnt doubt it. i have to put it in 4 low to go up a hill thats not even that steep. it pretty much dies just in 4 high on flat ground.

i want to swap a 4.0L in, but with all the emissions and vaccuum nighmares, yeah.

XJ_Owner said:
lol well thats pretty funny cause I have the exact same year, style and model as yours but I am running on a 4.0 liter... yea i agree with the guy I above i dont know of/or seen anyone running a 2.5 liter.... but yea a regear otta do you good, but i would say 30's instead of 31's

But yea you should try to swap out that 2.5 for a 4.0... look on ebay :D

haha,. you lucky b*stard. im thinking of re gearing, but not at the moment. for now, im pretty well suited. im probably gonna be finaly getting a 3 inch lift on friday. then a roof rack. then gears. but that all depends on if i swap or not.

Avanteone said:
Not worth swapping the 2.5 for the 4.0 when you can find a 4.0 XJ for under a grand.

J
yea true.. but thats why god invented junk yards :p. cause when i bought my 85' XJ the door panels were torn up the back seats were ripped and the rear bumper had a hole in it, but when i went to a junk yard i found the exact replica of my jeep with all the parts i needed..... but than again thats probably why he invented ebay too :D

CanMan said:
X2. Craigslist is your friend. Or come up here, there is a silver Renix one for sale. It still might have the stroller on top. :roll:

i actually got mine off craigslist. im thinking of buying a beat up/been in an accident but not too bad 4.0L and just transfering parts and body panels.

Back