• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need install help!!!

fattmann1984

NAXJA Forum User
im new to the site ,so hello ! i have a 2000 cherokee and i bought a set of 4.56 superior gear for it but im having trouble, with my d30 c8.25 combo. well frankly the gears are too tall and i cant get the spider pin back in ! rustys sold me a new carrier for the d30 and it is in even worse condition! the ring teeth are covering the spider pin hole in the carrier by 1/4 of an inch, has anyone else had this problem? any insight will help, tips or tricks getting the pin in place.:hang: :hang: :hang:

On the D30 you are going to have to put the spider gears and cross shaft in before you put the ring gear on.

On the 8.25 you will have to do a little grinding on a few teeth of the ring gear to allow clearance to fit the cross shaft in.

thankyou , thankyou, thankyou. for the prefrence tho , would you grind or buy the custom pin? to all who have removed alittle by grinding have you had any problems or noticed any difference?

fattmann1984 said:
thankyou , thankyou, thankyou. for the prefrence tho , would you grind or buy the custom pin? to all who have removed alittle by grinding have you had any problems or noticed any difference?

I have noticed zero difference. Like said before, the pinion teeth don't hit where you will grind. You only need to do a bit of clearencing on the 8.25. It just takes awile.

I have setup several gears that have needed some grinding, and they never had any problems or noise.

As Prepmech mentioned, you don't need to grind on the 30 (or any other non c-clip axle). Just put the spiders and pin in before instaling the ring gear.

Last edited:
Back