• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with springs & shocks

ricko70

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys, I have a 92 limited and am putting 4 1/2 RE springs in the back, but the front has got me.
I need to buy front springs that give a soft ride and shocks that are NOT stiff.
(I would even like to find some worn-out 4" lift shocks to try) But that's not likely so I'll need to buy some new ones.
I know that a 4" lift on stock front arms are stiff anyways but I need to do this a step at a time. So I need to get just the springs and shocks for now.
Thanks Rick

OME or RE is probably your best bet. If you want a good set of shocks go with OME or Bilsteins. Do a bit of searching and you can find all the info you could want on those products.

Why don't you just save up til you can but the RE 4 1/2 kit?

He said he wanted a soft ride up front....from what I understand, RE is pretty damn stiff....

those RE springs will give you more than 4 1/2" of lift in the rear, might want to look at DPG Offroad's 5" trailgunner coils...or do OME 3" ZJ coils with an ACOS....

Teraflex also makes some nice riding springs....4" coils....

JNickel101 said:
He said he wanted a soft ride up front....from what I understand, RE is pretty damn stiff....

those RE springs will give you more than 4 1/2" of lift in the rear, might want to look at DPG Offroad's 5" trailgunner coils...or do OME 3" ZJ coils with an ACOS....

Teraflex also makes some nice riding springs....4" coils....

Yeah, i was thinking that when I posted. I dunno if it is because my swaybar is disco'd 24/7 but the RE coils really don't feel stiff... sometimes I wish they were a bit stiffer. If you are looking for 4 1/2" in the rear then just get the 3.5" packs.

Back