• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

evenin excitement

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
so this evenin my frined and i were out in redmond on these power line trails that have alot of mud pits that are soupy and tons of fun

im goin around a corner on the gravel road and i see this guy standin their on his cell phone and so i stop and my frined gets out and goes and runs up and then hes like hey alex come and look at this

and i see this black wrangler in the mud with a kid sittin on the hood, :helpme: i was like whats up and thier like how did you find us, and then he was like do you have a winch

i was like well we kinda ran into you and a tow strap will work, so we wrapped around his big ol tube bumper and i put my jeep in 4 low and started yankin on him, he wasnt movin at all i was just slidin sideways and i was like dang hes really in thier
then i hear a pop and his bumper came unbolted:nono:

i stopped and was like hey are you in neutral? and he was all shakin and was like ohhhhh no im in park

and i was like your joking so i drove around the back of him and just yanked him out from his tow hitch and he just popped out

by the time we got him out he was shakin so bad he couldnt even talk, he managaed a thanks and my frineds and i looked over his engine and helped him start it

i dont think hell be back for a while

sorry for the super long post i just thought it was a good story:spin1:

oh and moral is, wranglers arent as good as cherokees... ;)

KarlVP said:
aaaaa, so, like, When you are pulling someone out like that. If thier junk still runs, they should like, be assisting you with thier like vehicle. IE: Like, Having it in drive or like reverse to aid with the recovery.

I'm like Glad to hear you got 'em out.

Karl, just edited it for you so that the poster can understand :confused1

Is this really what our public education system put's out these day's!!

As Karl said they should be in either drive or reverse. Also, it is just a normally mounted front bumper (no winch mount) then you shouldn't tug on it. If someone drives into the mud and gets stuck, it is normally easier to pull them out the way they got in.

Michael

like x 9

If the Jeep you are trying to recover has stock bumpers, and doesn't have tow points/hooks, strapping around an axle is probably the best choice, or on a Wrangler, possibly a frame crossmember.

Just be like careful. If yu ar like pulling to hard it mite like brake.

alexer03 said:
by the time we got him out he was shakin so bad he couldnt even talk, he managaed a thanks and my frineds and i looked over his engine and helped him start it

When did Matt get a Wrangler? :flame:

:D

KarlVP said:
Another quick question.

Is it even legal to be wheelin back there?

That was actually my first question. I thougth that area was only for horses and mt bikes and hiking?

Michael

thier arent any signs and so far nobody has told us otherwise

it was one of those huge tube bumpers and im sure that if the kid had wrapped it around the bottem and not the top it would have been fine

his jeep didnt run while it was in the mud so he couldnt help

alexer03 said:
thier arent any signs and so far nobody has told us otherwise

it was one of those huge tube bumpers and im sure that if the kid had wrapped it around the bottem and not the top it would have been fine

his jeep didnt run while it was in the mud so he couldnt help

There aren't any signs that say no 4x4 use on the Capitol building steps in olympia. But somehow, I managed to stay off of them.

Just ribbin ya dude. The best way to find out if it's legal is to find the landowners. Or you can call your local sherrif's office and ask them. Better to find out if it is okay, than to have your rig impounded and spend the night in jail.

Ask me how I know this. ;)

HAHAHA, noob.

I was there once... :D

I didnt shake like a little bitch though, it was acutally fun. Private property, well was, they sold it.

100_0655-1.jpg

Back