• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front drivers tire wobble

Micah

NAXJA Forum User
I have done some searching and could not find what I need. I have swapped tires front front to rear and replaced all the bushings in the front end to include the uca bushings on the axle side. the track bar bushings and heim are new this week also. So... whenever I get over 45 or go around a curve at any kind of speed I get a wobble in the drivers tire only. I know this because I stuck my head out the window and can see it but no wobble on pass side. I raised the jeep up and the hub seems tight with no movement at all. I have a ZJ tierod, goferit otk on drivers side, and a durango box (that I hate). I thought it was coming from the box as it has a dead spot but I figured it would be both sides of the jeep. I can hear a noie from the drivers side but its very faint. Should I just replace the hubs and box or do you have any other suggestions?

Check the shock bushings to see if they are worn. I was dealing with the same problem and after checking and tightening everything I bounced the body a little and noticed my top bushing was completely shot as the body moved while the shock stayed put. After replacing it the wobble has completely disappeared.

Sounds like ball joints.

old_man said:
Sounds like ball joints.

I thought that to but they seem tight. I jacked it up and shook the tire top and bottom and side to side with no movement. Is there another way to check them?

when was the last time you had the tire balanced?

Aboout a month ago. but I have rotated them and still have the wobble

WellI broke down and went and got a professional alignment today. After I replaced the steering box, radiator and swaybar bushings. I still have the wobble. Its in both tires it seems and it feels like DW but on a smaller scale. I have to drive it to Ft. Lenardwood MO on wednesday and really need some help here. So if you could help a soldier out.

i agree with oldman, that sounds like balljoints. when the wheel's on the ground there's quite a load the other way, as opposed to the tire in the air compressing the balljoints the opposite direction. with the wheel in the air, try moving the knuckle up and down with a prybar or loooong screwdriver.

RyanM said:
Did you get alignment numbers

Yeah I have them what do you need? Also I tried the prybar and also had the guy at the shop check them and the hubs. They are both tight.

From my experience, at my lift height, the more I tried to get 7* of castor, the more I had similar experiance. tweaked it to about 4* and It smoothed It out. FWIW HTH

Are you running 6" of lift on stock short arms and NO drop brackets?

RCP Phx said:
Are you running 6" of lift on stock short arms and NO drop brackets?

Not stock control arms but yes adjustable short arms. I adusted the cast today, replaced the stabilizer and diconected the front DS. Nothing made any difference. This didnt start after any thing I did but after about a 6 months after the lift and about a month and a half after the 33's.

Did you adjust Upper? Perhaps the WB? Bent Rim? Weak frame around steering box. The angles aren't helping

Maybe it's just Possessed

Yeah I adjusted the uppers to 15.5" and the lowers to 17". I have a box brace on both sides of the "frame". I am gont to try different tires tomorrow if it's not that though I am stuck.

Back