• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heavy duty OME vs Medium Duty OME

jdurbach

NAXJA Forum User
Im lokking to get an OME lift kit. I however cant decide between the Medium Duty vs the Heavy Duty. Anyone out there know which one would be best. I do run extended shackles in the rear . I do wheel my xj hard when I go with gear in the back as well. Also how high does the lift sit Ive seen it advertised as anywhere from 2" to 3" on varios dealers sites. The help would be much appriciated

i have the Heavy Duty springs which gave me 3" lift. my understanding is the Medium Duty is a 2" lift.

I've had my OME HD's for a couple of years, they still haven't sagged much and ride great. I carry about 300# of trail gear and tools in the rear and often tow a bass boat.

slider7ju4.jpg

XJtrailrider, your lift seems quite high for just OME - do you have any additional bits added? Do I see an ACOS in front, or what is that shiny bit?

Oh, and how about a pic of your bass boat?

gorman said:
XJtrailrider, your lift seems quite high for just OME - do you have any additional bits added? Do I see an ACOS in front, or what is that shiny bit?

Oh, and how about a pic of your bass boat?

Yep, more than just OME, I have the Teraflex 1.5 shackles with the OME hd rears and i have the OME MD fronts with the ACOS and a ton of other stuff. I'll pm you the specs when I'm at the home PC.

Supermanxj said:
Not to Hijack but i am also looking at going OME and i am wondering where i could get the best prices on a 3" heavy duty kit.

Are there any vendors that sell it. I looked but to no avail. I would like to support the NAXJA Family.

Josh

Call Dirk at DPG Offroad.....wont find better prices, service or a nicer guy who knows his stuff!!!

And yes, he's on NAXJA...

Does the heavy duty lift use overlaod leafs? Also anyone know what the Dt shocks are in the kit that rocky road offfers for 50 bucks less? Its the budget ome lift and as far as I can tell the only difference is the shocks.

As far as I know the heavy duty rear springs have the overload spring - they are the CS035RA/B. For max lift however, go with the medium duty CS034RA/B springs with the OME extra leaf. I guess this will ride a bit harder but from what I've read before the ride is still very good. This is the route I'll be going soon, just waiting for stock to arrive at the suppliers.. In the front I'll be switching from the OME930's to the OME934's to help carry the weight of the ARB bumper and winch (winch to be fitted soon).

Back