• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

haha, 6.5" lift

Mopar It

NAXJA Forum User
alright, got an 89 xj 5 speed 4.0L with a 2" budget boost. i want to lift up to around 6.5" of lift.

thing is, i want to utilize my rear 2" shackle but get rid of my 2" coil spacer. what would you guys suggest for the rest of the components aka:

coils
leafs
control arms
sway bar extensions
brake lines
shocks
t-case drop or sye

thats another tihng i wanna use a t-case drop for a while driving on-road to work and back until i can get paid in like 2 weeks to get the sye/cv driveshaft, would that be safe?

Trailgunner leafs and coil springs from dpgoffroad and an ACOS up front...

TNT long arms....SYE for sure....

thing with those are, they're very expensive. i have to stuck to like a $750 and below budget, wanna lift my jeep as much as possible while staying within that budget

Then keep the spacers and go with a RE 4.5" lift. Get new springs, I don't like add-a-leafs. You can always wait on the SYE. Until you can get some money together. They sell a longer slip yoke shaft that cost $70. It will work for wheeling. Of course the SYE is better!

Many people ahve different things to say about them but check out roughcountry and see whta they have. I have that kit on my Cherokee and there has been no sagging or anything like that. Rather inexpensive.

Back