• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 Link with Tracbar help

hellbilly04

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone,

I'm Ditching the wishbone setup on the front of my XJ for several reasons & have built long arms with 3 link. I had been searching all weekend on this & other forms trying to figure out where to place the lower mount on the axle.

I don't currently have a tracbar or any of the mounts due to the Wishbone & looking for some advise as to where to put the lower mount on the axle? I have seen the lower mount in several different places & not quite sure of placement? Seen it next to the coil, in front of the coil??? Where should the lower mount go on the axle?

Specs:
Front axle is 79 Waggy D44, flat top knuckles high steer arms, Going to buy a TNT HD Tracbar kit & make my own lower mount.

Thanks,
Billy

Lower mount needs to be placed so that the path of the bar ends up approximately parallel and equal length to your drag link. So wherever best meets these criteria is where it has to go.

Here's how mine ended up...

DSCN5067.JPG

YMMV.

I was checking out some of your pics & threads on the "other site :pirate1:"

& did see this setup. What material did you make the lower mount of & is it part of the coil mount?

vetteboy said:
Lower mount needs to be placed so that the path of the bar ends up approximately parallel and equal length to your drag link. So wherever best meets these criteria is where it has to go.

Here's how mine ended up...

DSCN5067.JPG

YMMV.

Here's a different view that might help...

axle2.JPG

axle2.JPG

axle1.JPG

Basically just a section of 2" x 4" x 1/4" box tube that I cut to work. It's all tied in on that side, to the axle tube, the spring mount, & the lower link mount.

Forgot to ask, looking at the size of the lower mount I assume your running a JJ there? what are you using at the frame side? I was going to buy a TnT Tracbar kit but think I'm going to build one now.

Thanks again for your help!

vetteboy said:
Here's a different view that might help...

axle2.JPG

axle2.JPG

axle1.JPG

Basically just a section of 2" x 4" x 1/4" box tube that I cut to work. It's all tied in on that side, to the axle tube, the spring mount, & the lower link mount.

You could, I'm just running a heim with spacers.

(spacers not shown)

front5.JPG

and at the top I just drilled out my old Rusty's HD mount to fit a 5/8" bolt for another heim.

front1.JPG

Back