• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hummer front clip on XJs

TXSizedJeep

NAXJA Forum User
youve probably all seen it, the XJ with the H2/H3 front end (hood grille and fenders)
hold on...dont jump on me for wanting to make my jeep look like a soccer mom SUV
then again, dont get me wrong, if your one of these guys that has done this mod...cool, its just not something i would do
to me its kinda like puttin a BMW body kit on a civic
personally i wouldnt change a thing about my XJ i love the way it looks, but im just curious of where these people are buying these kits or are they fabing them up themselves?

if they are fabing them, ill give them more credit rather than buying a set of fenders and bolting them on

either way, im curious...fill me in if you know

I've seen one on a TJ, for sale at a local used car lot, and saw some pretty young thing driving it since then. I'da said it looked more like a H1 wannaba, but, whatever...

Basically a widebody kit, flares the fenders way out so the grill n headlights look all narrow, like a H1.

Ugly as sin in my opinion, but to each his own..

Robert

Never seen it on a XJ either............:dunno:

e0_3.JPG

why would anyone want there vehicle to look like something its not. just my $0.02!

I will admit it is ugly as hell, but I kinda like this one. Maybe because its huge.
ecc9.jpg

Yeah, that is a kit. I forget who sells it but there's one in my city as well, and the owner did a write up on it in MichiganJeepers a couple years ago. I don't think it's offered for an XJ.

Josh

I was going to put one on my '89 Suburban back in the day.
There was a kit you could buy, they were called "bummers".
I can't find the one I talked to, but these guys came up.
http://www.4x4bodies.com/

I think they look cool!
If you had a rusted out 3/4 ton Suburban, that ran good, why not?

bp2.jpg

bp1.jpg

Bummer kits used to be cool, but nowadays they mass produce Bummers and call them H2s.

Fairmonco said:
The 97-up XJ`s already kinda look like Hummers when you take the stock front bumper off.
They do a little bit. mostly because GM stole the H2 grille design from Jeep...

If you wanna do a front clip, I'd say an escalade one would be cooler :laugh3:

Back