• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tube adapter question

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
quick question:

I'm Starting to plan out my steering setup for the warwagon and I need to find tube adapters that accept 1 ton tre's.....?
Also,Does anyone make a steering arm that attaches to the passenger side d-30 knuckle to go cross over steering,I thought I seen someones custom fabbed steering arm on here but not sure.
I've seen complete crossover knuckles before and don't wanna go that route for $$$ reasons...

thanks.

Last edited:
since we don't know your tube specs..... plenty of sites sell bungs, pick one.
The 1ton's I'm about to run are 7/8-18. My tube is 1.5" .25 DOM, so 1" ID.

I bought mine from www.wfoconcepts.com where Trevor had shipped timely all three transactions. They aren't the absolute cheapest, but their customer service was exemplary to me.

Other businesses for price shopping:

www.polyperformance.com
www.kartek.com
www.poisonspyder.com
www.suicidedoors.com
www.ballisticfabrication.com
www.bluetorchfab.com
www.spidertrax.com

Not sure if all of the above offer tubing bungs, but this should allow you enough to search thru. As mentioned by the previous poster, you want 7/8" by 18 TPI. The Outside Diameter depends upon what tubing you are planning on using.

I have also been thinking about doing my high steer as well... Iam going to be using a stock tierod out of an 88 grand wagoneer which is over the knuckle from the factory. then use a 7/8 right hand 18 thread tierod and a stock tj 22mm lefthand tierod for the pitman arm. I just need to see if the track bar will work....

outlander said:
you going cross over or inverted T?
OTK or no?

I currently run a crossover (WJ knuckles, warn hubs) just with heims, and I just want to go 1TON tre's, (no reason really)

outlander said:
interesting....I wonder if there is any reaming nescessary to get those parts to fit....would that be an inverted T setup or cross over?
The chevy TRE's would require reaming.
Here, http://completeoffroad.com/wsm/c-23_tie_rods__drag_links_and_tools.html
this is all you need to know about doing a inverted T using 1ton's. Part Numbers(usable at napa and others) and the reamer if you choose that route, and the bungs and jamnuts.

I would avoid any brackets for doing a crossover, personally. I'd save for a tera or wj conversion. Or just run a quality inverted T (TNT, JCR to name a few)
IIRC there is a company that makes a 'bolt on' that uses like two of the hub 12 point bolts but mehh.

Just figure out what you want to do, and All the info you'd ever need is archived here somewhere;)

Also note, If you want to do it solid, (no disrespect toward you) Don't go recycled xj's route, even if the waggy tre's are beefier, you still have the ~1/2ton if tj end at the pitman.

Last edited:
how much can the wj knuckles be had for?What years?

EDIT:
Nevermind I just got through reading a write up and it seems like a headache....

Last edited:
well if that sounds like a head ache, might as well leave your junk stock :gee:

Back