• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shipping a TC

ssjkakkarotx

NAXJA Forum User
OK folks I got a question for ya. Has anyone here shipped a T/C through UPS and did you have issues with it being classified as hazardous. I have someone in Col. Who wants a TC that I have. I can fill out the Haz Dec and certify them myself if needed so that not an issue. Thanks for the help

I've shipped several transfer cases and even a couple manual transmissions via UPS and have never had a problem. Just make sure it's fully drained, and I normally wrap in plastic just in case.

John

Nah, nothing special. I put it in a large plastic trash bag, and then in a regular cardboard box. I put extra pieces of cardboard at each end so the shaft didn't try to poke through the box or anything.

J

when i got my transfer case, i received it on a crate wrapped in plastic. i used DHL to ship it and it was $40. It was actually delivered the next day on accident. So i paid $40 to have a transfer case over nighted to me. can't beat that deal :)

Back