• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans cooler fittings 96 cherokee

oldjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Any idea where to find the fittings that attache to the radiator for the trans cooler? I'm swapping an auto into my sons 1990 Comanche, the tranny is from a 96 and the radiator had be swapped by the previous owner to the newer style.

It has plugs where the tranny fittings go. I was able to buy new trans cooler lines at O'Reilly but I still need the short right angle line on the lower and the long upper steel line that drops down to the center support.

Any idea where to find these or what the part numbers might be?

trans lines

any good mom and pop auto parts store should have and adapter "plug" that you thread into the rad, then metal line fitting threads into that adapter. after that and make your own trans line. i did that on my xj when i added an aftermarket trans cooler which i suggest you use too. trans fluid goes thru that, then the stock cooler then back to trans.

any hardware store should have them. I think the last fitings I got were from Home Depot. I usually use 3/8 hose for the tranny cooler lines--they are not high pressure so all you should need is some hose clamps.

The factory tranny cooler lines are a snap type like high pressure fuel lines. I'm looking for the factory type parts.

oldjeep said:
The factory tranny cooler lines are a snap type like high pressure fuel lines. I'm looking for the factory type parts.

I can appreciate the "factory look", however I have and had several XJ's and the fittings for the tranny cooler in the radiator has leaked on almost every one of them. Now, whenever I get a new one I go ahead and modify the lines whether they are leaking or not as a preventative measure. You can go whatever route you want, I just speak from personal experience.

Back