• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC / HVAC Temp Slider Stuck

peleejosh

NAXJA Forum User
I searched, but only found answers to the other problem (vaccum leak... only defrost works)

My temperature slider won't go all the way to the cold side. I can pull it with force, but it won't stay there. It slides back over to the middle. The ac/heat selector works fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Josh

I had an old Delta 88 that had a similar problem. I actually forced it and broke the little cog that controls where the vacuum is routed, so don't force it! I actually had to take the climate controller apart and lube up the little wheels in there, and then it was fine. So, maybe someone else can chime in with something Jeep-specific, but that's all I've got. Hope it helps.

Sweet! Mine is a 1983 Royale with about 70k on it, but the body is pristine. Man I love the lines on those old B bodys. It's going to make me sad to have to sell that thing so I can build the Jeep...

My 87 did the same thing. If you sit in the passenger seat and wiggle slide the temp slider back and forth (hot to cold) and look under the dash you can see a cable pulling a little valve-type thing back and forth. After I found this I was able to manually "push" this valve all the way to cold. I know this sounds vague and silly, but if you give it a try you should see what I mean.

Back