• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New ORV park in Texas!

ExTankerGuy

USAF Retired
NAXJA Member
We get to go start cutting trails for a new orv park here in Texas! The town of Bridgeport Texas is opening a 400 acre park. On the 11th we get to go cut and mark the perimeter trails.

Word is there is some awesome rock areas. Possibly competetion level stuff.

A little west of Decatur and a little east of Jacksboro on 380. Smack between them.

Or about 1.5 hours NW of the dowtown Fort Worth part of the D/FW Metromess if you need a big city to go by.

This will be great. Gilmer is a little far to take the family too for a days outing.

I know where that is. Used to live in Wichita Falls about 16-17 years ago.

Is it privately owned?

It would surprize me if it were NOT privately owned. Most every acre in Texas is owned privately by a rancher or a company. At least that has been my experience when wanting a place to hunt on.

hey Tanker was this a invite from the city or another club? how did you hear about it? links? do you know the cross roads for a google earth peek?thanks....

dallas xjs said:
hey Tanker was this a invite from the city or another club? how did you hear about it? links? do you know the cross roads for a google earth peek?thanks....

I don't know the exact location. I got some info from the Lone Star Jeep Club web site...

There is also some more info here...

http://www.torc4x4.org/viewtopic.php?t=1631

Last edited:
Got a couple of pics today...

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Unfortunately the 360 trails are private property and you risk the impoundment of your rig for trespassing, and there have been a few. There are lots of people who still go there but the possible expense is to high for me.

Back