• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help please

stxcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so i put the lift on and all, got an alignment and was wondering, do the people doing the alignment mess w/ the track bar or not?

got home from wheeling tonight and my trackbar was disconnected from the bottom and bolt missing and nut from back.

anyone know where i can get the bolt and odd nut for this to reconnect it if it wasn't the alignment people.

i also just finished my 3.5" lift, and my alignment is WAY off. but im wondering about my trackbar as well, i got one with my kit, but i could not seem to get those bolts off so i left my stock one on it, and it seems to ride fine (no major problems, just pulling to the right and minor vibes that will be fixed by alignment) will the stock trackbar limit my articulation? and is it worth it to change it?

stxcherokee said:
got home from wheeling tonight and my trackbar was disconnected from the bottom and bolt missing and nut from back.

question. are you 100% sure that it is your trackbar that was disconnected. cuz you said: "got home from wheeling tonight", which leads me to believe that you drove it home. it's VERY VERY VERY difficult and scary trying to steer with the trackbar disconnected. it's nearly impossible to have any kind of steering imput or response time with it disconnected.

now regardless of what bolt it was, ALMOST every bolt on a car can be replaced with bolts form the hardware store. just make sure you get grade 8 bolts.

i'm pretty sure it's the track bar, i know driving home i'd hit a bump and truck would pull hard one way.

it's the bar that snakes up and is mounted w/ a crown nut at the top, had to use a puller to get the old one off, but missing the bolt where it mounts to the axle

hope whoever owns this doesn't mind me borrowing it.
Jeepfrontendparts.jpg

no offense, but you should really take some time learning about your jeep, and where what belongs. so next time you come out from wheeling, you do a safety check before you hit the road, and if anything doesn't look right, fix it one way or another before coming home. driving with no trackbar is pretty much asking for an accident to happen. luckily this time it didn't.

why dont you just go see what fits best? are you not wanting to put the guess work into this?

stxcherokee said:
ok, noone knows what size bolt and how long i need, or is this now a lost thread, calling the junk yards in the morn if no response

Why don't you call up a local dealer. They can tell you the size. You can also take it to an auto parts store and they can tell you what size it is.

i don't think anybody intentionally wanted to leave you hanging on that one. but there is alot of hardware on vehicles and it's a little hard to remember everything. pretty much anytime people need hardware on their vehicles, they either have a huge "bolt bins" that they have build up over time from vehicles that they've stripped, or just go to hardware stores and match something up. make sure you get the biggest bolt you can fit through the trackbar bushing, so there is no room for it to move.

as for how long..........crawl under there with a tape measure and figure out how long it has to be.

or as somebody already mentioned, you could take the easy way out and get a set from the dealership.

thank you will call the dealer tomorow. just an fyi, wasn't bein sarcastic and expecting god to answer, but anything is worth asking.

thanks again everyone..

just wanna get back on the road and wheel

i found is just keep testing different bolts lying around until i get the correct size, then get some good grade 8 bolts to replace them with, did that for my shock mounts and countless other bolts i had to grind off.

stxcherokee said:
thank you will call the dealer tomorow. just an fyi, wasn't bein sarcastic and expecting god to answer, but anything is worth asking.

thanks again everyone..

just wanna get back on the road and wheel

If you do a quick search, I posted up asking what size the bolt was maybe a week or two ago. I had mine come out on the trail too. I had a couple of replies and I went to the local hardware store and picked up a bolt. The post is somewhere around here.

EDIT: here it is http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=925552

Last edited:
Back