• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35s, D30, Ox Locker

Mdub

NAXJA Forum User
How long will stock D30 shafts last with 35s and Ox locker?

What about If I upgraded to the Chromoly shafts, would that be a long term solution?

I do pretty serious wheeling, try to limit wheelspin of course, but every now and then...

Opinions?

Im running 33's with 4.56 and Ox's both front and rear. D30 D44 for about 1-2 years. I have had no problems with them. But I live in FL no real rocks here just mud. Maybe 5-6 times in the lime rock pit about and hour drive from here.

i ran 36s on stock shafts and small u joints and never broke....

and i was running trials at johnson valley.

not everyone is that lucky.

run alloys and some ctm ujoints and forgetabout it.

dont settle for yukon crap either. buy superior or alloy usa and only ctm ujoints, nothing else compares. for the stongest solution you could run a super thirty kit....but if your gonna throw that much cash at it a d44 with alloys and gears/locker can be had for under 3k.

why do anything up front.... run it, if you start snapping shit take the next step! i never understand the questions, will this work with that, is this going to break. just wheel the damn thing and see what happens! just my opinion :D

bshaw said:
why do anything up front.... run it, if you start snapping shit take the next step! i never understand the questions, will this work with that, is this going to break. just wheel the damn thing and see what happens! just my opinion :D

I think the reason people ask these questions is so they aren't broke down on the trail while everyone waits for them to fix their junk. Also, sometime failures bring down more than just the primary failure.

I never understand when people respond to threads with no useful advice. :banghead: While I get what you are saying, I still like to use the experience of others to avoid making costly mistakes of my own.

of course im following the same route as you now, i wasnt even breakin stuff!

vetteboy said:
I blew up stock D30 shafts pretty reliably when I was locked on 33's.

To each their own.

Mdub said:
I think the reason people ask these questions is so they aren't broke down on the trail while everyone waits for them to fix their junk. Also, sometime failures bring down more than just the primary failure.

I never understand when people respond to threads with no useful advice. :banghead: While I get what you are saying, I still like to use the experience of others to avoid making costly mistakes of my own.
good point, and taken......
at the same time, that my freind is why you bring spares and tools. no matter what you do eventually your going to brake something. if you do upgrade your shafts and joints, guess what your next weak link is going to be?

ive got a couple of stockers coming out soon, some 35 spline ctm 300ms numbers are goin in :D if you want em pm me back :D

vetteboy said:
Well, FWIW I blew up two stock 60 shafts my first two trips out as well. :) Doublers can be expensive like that.

Back