• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone make springs and leafs better then OEM stock height?

BombThreat

NAXJA Forum User
My suspention is totally shot and I was wondering if anyone knew of some companies that make springs and leafs that have a ride better then stock... Kinda like the Old man Emu of stock height suspentions. Right now the only place I know of it what Quadratec is selling as stock replacemtn parts... They dont list the maker of the leafs or springs...

Any help would be great!

Also suggestions on shocks would be great too:cheers:

Quadratec's replacement stuff is mostly Crown auto. I know my HD replacement Leaf springs where made by Crown because their part number was right on it. HTH.

get the Monroe Sensa-trac coil-over shocks from oreillyautoparts.com. They ride really smooth, are only $50 apeice, they give your leafs a break when you're hauling. Best of all, they get a saggy jeep back up to stock height. Monroe Reflex Off-road are excellent shocks for the front, of if you spend most of your time on the road, get the regular Sensa-trac shocks for the front end.

I plan to replace my leafs with stock replacements from quadratec at some point... I'm worried though because some Crown merchandise is fine, some is incredibly shitty. There also seem to be three different order codes for the springs on the website, with no explanation... wonder what the hell that's about???

Last edited:
We're running Napa/Tenneco Airshocks pumped to 36psi on my Sister's, Dad's, and mine. I think they're around $100-$120 a pair and there will be some minor drilling required. Dad's truck is over 280k, Sister's in over 190k, and mine is getting close 110k.

darjevon said:
get the Monroe Sensa-trac coil-over shocks from oreillyautoparts.com. They ride really smooth, are only $50 apeice, they give your leafs a break when you're hauling. Best of all, they get a saggy jeep back up to stock height. Monroe Reflex Off-road are excellent shocks for the front, of if you spend most of your time on the road, get the regular Sensa-trac shocks for the front end.

I plan to replace my leafs with stock replacements from quadratec at some point... I'm worried though because some Crown merchandise is fine, some is incredibly shitty. There also seem to be three different order codes for the springs on the website, with no explanation... wonder what the hell that's about???

Thanks for the info, im in the same boat... Crown, they can either have decnt stuff or some real chincy crap...

Maybe look into an OME 2-2.5" springs. Small enough of a lift probably avoid any problems, but super high quality springs.

if your not looking for a lift, i can give you my stock coils, for some reason they ride ALOT better than stock, (it might have just been my shocks though) but my rear leaf's are pretty much gone (rust broke 2 of them, glad i replaced them)

BombThreat said:
Thanks for the info, im in the same boat... Crown, they can either have decnt stuff or some real chincy crap...

You should see the 4 piece oil pan gasket i got from them when I was doing my rebuild... needless to say it lasted about 1 day:shiver:

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm

The best budget upgrade I made to our Jeep. I went for the gusto, added two leafs to each pack. It's really nice to not have the axle wrap robbing power at evey light. The ride is greatly improved over the wallowy crap that was there before.

I know it's not the question you asked, but the article makes good points about spring rate and ride quality. Bear in mind, the front springs are just as tired as the rear.

Back