• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Seat question

jpk

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 Country and found some nice leather seats in a 88 Limited. I know the brackets were changed for the front seats but I'm wondering if the seat covers themselves would work on my seats. My seats have the cloth/vinyl covers on them. Thanks for any help.

IIRC, the seat frames should bolt to the pedestals=easy interchange. Keep your origional brackets.

X2, rails should bolt right up, but you will lose the power function (unless of course your original rails are power). The seats in those 87-90 Limiteds are top-notch IMO, only seat I've ever had that compared to Audi seats...

Hey, even if they don't fit, 2 hours with an angle grinder and a drill, drill new holes and run new backing plates, should work like a charm

My Country has power seats so that should still function. The reat seat and passenger seat are in great condition. The drivers seat has a couple of small wear holes on the right panel under the butt cheek. I figure while I have it out, take it to an upholstry shop and get the panel replaced. The place wants $150.00 for the seats, I figure that's a good price for a leather interior.

darjevon said:
X2, rails should bolt right up, but you will lose the power function (unless of course your original rails are power). The seats in those 87-90 Limiteds are top-notch IMO, only seat I've ever had that compared to Audi seats...

Hey, even if they don't fit, 2 hours with an angle grinder and a drill, drill new holes and run new backing plates, should work like a charm

Back