• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil leak

89heepxj

NAXJA Forum User
i have an oil leak and i dont know what the problem is well i do but i would like some input on this. here are some pics...

000_0009-1.jpg

000_0008.jpg

thank you!

i had a similar issue. it came along kinda all of the sudden. make sure the main valve cover vent hose is not plugged or kinked. also make sure it is connected to the air cleaner. i kinda looks like yurs is going towards the brake booster? mine was kinked. once i fixed this, i actually have no major leaks now. even the normal valve cover leak slowed way down.

the main vent hose(top hose if im correct(the biggest one)) goes toward the firewall then whips back around and plugs into the side of the air filter. i will look at that tomorrow. as for the site i dont believe it is sucking up oil because it seems to be coming out of thoughs tubes. i also have to get a new plug for the oil pan :(

Last edited:
what what that site is saying is that lets fresh air into the engine while the little hose at the back of the valve cover should be pulling air out of the engine and if the little hose gets clogged it will the pressure build up and go out of the bigger hose and into the air box.
There shouldn't be oil in that hose to begin with for it to even leak so pull the little hose off of the valve cover and see if it has vacume (sucking)

ohh i got you...that website confused me a little lol. thanxs for clearing that up. so check the littlest hose(right under the big hose) to see if its sucking. if not then its pushing oil throught the big hose. into the air box. then the air box should have oil in it right? even though its not supposed to? and if oil is goin throught the big hose then how do i fix it?

pull the hose out of the rear grommet on the valve cover and see if its sucking there and if its not it could be the hose clogged or the grommet is clogged to fix it just clean the hose and grommet out

I have taken mine from the Jeep and pressure washed it and then dried it and replaced it. Mine has four(4) bolts in the bottom of the box. one in each corner. Make sure you don't forget the small hoses and the larger ones are attached when removing and replacing the air box.
Double check the air filter for oil dampness and replce if needed.

i cleaned the hose and the grommet and it is sucking at full power now :). i will clean all thoughs tubes and the box after i get back from silverwood. and i will replace my air filter with a higher quality one.

okay thanks. i was cleaning up connections and tubes today and will have to buy a new air filter for sure. it also cosed the air tube to collapse. the cloth one with the metal rings around it. so i will need to replace that. then hopefully i will be fine :)

okay i am still getting oil pushed into the air filter. even though it is not half as bad as before it is still doing it. i really want to get this fixed before i put my new air filter in. what else could this be?

Back