• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

prob with t case skid

chopperdog

NAXJA Forum User
:( Hey guys, I am trying to install a Skid Row T Case skid on a 98 xj with auto trans and a 242 t case. It does not have a drop. The 3 bolts that go on the crossmember, I do not see how they can work. Where the holes are, 2 of them come up under where the rubber block for the trans is. The other hole came out just under the front drive shaft. I cut the bolt for some extra clearence so I feel it will work but not the others. Has anyone had this problem?

Yes I did a search.
Thanks for any help.

i have a skid row skid over my 242 with no t-case drop but i did it a long time ago. i would say make sure you position and install those crossmember bolts before doing the "frame rail", though. i'll take a look at mine when i get chance

When I first installed mine, I too had that problem with the one bolt being under the tranny block - but then a few months later I decided to look at it again and there was plenty of room for me to drill.

Its a damn tough skid. I have to take it down and bend it back a bit bc I dropped my XJ about 3 ft onto it and pushed it in slighty.

Yep, had the same trouble. I welded outrigged platforms on the X-member and drilled though those & bolted it up. I use it in conjunction of the engine trans skid which I welded an out rigger mount for as well.

Rob

I think I am going to drill 2 new holes in better locations, then use a die grinder to square them out for the carriage bolts. Hopefully that will work. I placed it in the middle of the crossmember like the instructions said. It probably should of been all the way in the front but to accomplish that the skid itself would need to be clearenced. Ohh if only things were truly bolt on.
Thanks for all the help.
Later

Back