• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ cage question

As i was sitting watching TV tonight, i was thinking about my options for a cage for my MJ. I can always go to my favorite shop and have them bend me one, but i havent seen too much in the way of pre bent cages for an MJ on the market. (if there is i would appreciate a link:dunno: )

What i was wondering is if anyone has used a pre bent toyota cage in an MJ? They seem pretty dimensionally similar, so it seems that with a little work, one of those kits could fit pretty well

Any thoughts?

Haha! Boy you found the right person.
Your only option is a S&W Race Cars Cherokee 10 point roll cage.
It fits in the MJ cab perfect and is very nice for only $250!
Look no farther, this is your best bet.. hands down, cheap and prebent.

It ain't easy, and very hard especialy alone.
I cut my comanche's roof off completely so I could have good welds all the way around the tubing. I guess you don't have to.. but it made my installation way way way easier.
I really don't know how you' could get full welds with the roof in the way.

search Google for S&W Race Cars.
What a buy.

awspence said:
thank for the reply, i figuredif i did a cage i would drop it through the floor to weld the top joints, is that the reason you cut the roof? to get to the top joints?

**BINGO**

Thats how you weld it all the way around.

The S&W cage fits a little loose in an XJ. I am the one that got the prototype of that cage, and I had to modify it to fit tight. Keep in mind that ANY cage that fits in an XJ will fit the front portion of an MJ. MAybe you can talk to some of the other XJ cage manuf's and come up with something

Back